At Joyz Inc, we are all about helping people learn and grow. Learning and teaching is a complex process, and we believe we can make it better through technological innovation.
The company's primary product is TerraTalk, which helps people learn to speak English. Our customers range from businesses to schools in Japan, with future plans to expand to other countries.
Product Manager is an exciting new role at our company. You will be spearheading our effort to make TerraTalk the most advanced and user-friendly service in the market. As a startup, the company is still nimble and small, but it's growing quickly. You will be challenged with managing organizational and technical complexities through communicating with stakeholders and making sound decisions quickly. Smart failures are celebrated, as long as the mistakes result from actions taken based on customer needs.
- Lead cross-functional effort to maximize customer satisfaction
- Help define product vision and strategy
- Regularly communicate with sales team as well as existing customers to gather and define requirements.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Business level Japanese AND English.
- Experience in software product management or related.
- Ability and courage to make decisions under high uncertainty.
- Proven ability to work with multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Legal, Finance or Marketing.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.