Head of Communications, Tokyo
Kyash is looking for a self-motivated communications manager with experience handling both internal and external business communication. The ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the challenges of developing content that helps build brand recognition. Generating buzz about existing and new product lines will help our company expand rapidly. Top candidates will be skilled at creating content that both engages employees and keeps stockholders informed about business decisions. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must. Our communications manager will be our spokesperson. Applicants seeking a long-term relationship will get first consideration.
- Develops an understanding of short- and long-term department goals and planned initiatives.
- Develops content and directs creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message.
- Plan and Organize events and press conferences. Represent the organization at the public events
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level
- Builds and maintains solid partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
- Designs campaigns to target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
- Contributes ideas for new programs, researching and recommending innovative branding techniques.
- Researches and understands key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impacts programs within the business and assigned departments.
- Provides hands-on advertising support for assigned departments, paying close attention to timelines.
- Adjusts and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
- Works with leadership to take the pulse of overall business activity to identify cross-marketing opportunities.
- Stays informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation.
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign's level of success
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee moral
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the organization's brand, including white papers, website copy, and more
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Japanese native and Fluent in English
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum three years of advertising or marketing experience
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Experience in Fintech, Banking, SaaS, or BtoC products business are plus
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in Fin-tech industry is plus
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)